Loyal Franklin Farmers Market Customers,
We appreciate the support you have given our farmers during this trying time. In the new “normal” of social distancing, we ask our customers to do their part. Without this, the farmers market cannot maintain the safe environment needed. We feel that our open air market remains the safest shopping option for fresh produce, meats, cheese, bread, baked goods and milk. Please do the following in order to continue to keep our market safe:
- Maintain 6 ft away from others in line. We will remind you of this verbally and with signage.
- Do not touch the products for sale, let the vendors handle all the product, they will bag and wrap it and hand it to you.
- As much as we would like to visit with each other, we ask that everyone shop and head home to minimize the time of potential exposure.
- Consider contacting your favorite vendor to pre-order. This is the safest and most efficient way. Below are vendors who are taking orders with their contact information. You can also contact your favorite vendor to inquire about home delivery options.
- If you have children, please leave them at home if you are able in order to keep the number of people down and help expedite transactions.
- Our market as always had a no pet policy and we will continue to remind our customers that dogs and other animals are not allowed at our market for the health and safety of our customers and vendors.
- Consider using credit/debit cards instead of cash.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. We have bathroom facilities in building #9 and hand sanitizers/wipes at the market.
Finally, in response to recommendations, mandates and community needs changing almost daily due to COVID-19, Franklin Farmers Market vendors are increasing accessibility to fresh, local food in several ways: expanding pre-order capabilities, on farm pick-up and home delivery services. While Franklin Farmers Market has all intentions to continue with Saturday markets, we encourage everyone to take advantage of these options and continue to shop local. Below are the farms that are offering pre orders this weekend to be picked up at the market and information on how to order. Check with your favorite farmer to see if they will do home deliveries.
- River Cottage Farm: Taking preorders and invoicing and invoicing through the website www.rivercottagefarm.net and the direct link to the online store is https://rivercottagefarm.net/store-home/ or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Brayden email@example.com.
- Galena Garlic: call (615) 707-9211 to place orders
- Fly Farm: contact through website: Theflyfarm.com or 615-390-2870 or 615-574-5611
- Paradise Produce: Will take plant pre orders through their website: paradiseproducefarm.com
- Jones Mill Farm: Please put “Franklin Farmers Market Order” in your subject line and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Facebook Messenger: Jones Mill Farm and Commercial Kitchen. No orders can be taken after 3am on Saturday morning.
- Tavalin Tails Farm Lamb- text or call 615-445-9354 or email email@example.com
- Wild Alaska Seafood and Salmon: For pre-orders email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday morning. Pre-orders are highly recommended for faster check out.
- Tasty Good Eats www.Facebook.com/GlutenFreeTastyGoodEats Tel. 203-951-1449 E-mail: TastyGoodEats@gmail.com
- Moonshadow Farm-Non GMO Pastured Eggs Text 615-336-8994
- Possum Bottom Farms: people can text their order to 423-240-0064. They will need to know the customer’s name, mushroom or powder variety they want, and the fact that they want to pick it up at Franklin.
- Norton Family Farm taking preorders for produce, baked items and preserves if customers will call or text 931-446-4493.
- Remedy Bone Broth: Also offering home deliveries: email@example.com or visit website www.remedybonebroth.com
- Wild Alaska Salmon and Seafood will be at this Saturday’s market, fully stocked with King and Sockeye Salmon, Pacific and Black Cod, Halibut, King Crab, Ahi Tuna, Rockfish, Jumbo Shrimp, Ground Salmon, Sea Scallops, Seafood Bisque, Gumbo and Clam Chowder. You can pre-order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bear Creek Farm: email@example.com
- Alfresco Pasta: to order, text or call 510-918-2148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johnson’s Honey: call 615-337-0027
Don’t see your favorite farmer on this list? Use our website franklinfarmersmarket.com to search for vendor contact information and reach out to them! They may have missed market communication this week and will be glad to take pre-orders.
Thank you again for your support!
Amy Tavalin, Franklin Farmers Market Director