April 18 Franklin Farmers Market
Customer Guidelines for the Coronavirus and Pre Order Information
The Franklin Farmers Market continues with its NEW LAYOUT creating the widest aisles for food shopping in Tennessee helping increase social distancing. All your favorite farmers and food vendors are attending, but they may be in a different spot.
Our farmers are taking extra precautions at the market to maintain social distancing and safety. We ask our customers to do the same and follow these very important guidelines listed below. Farmers are taking pre-orders and payments online for easy in and out pick up. We also want to remind you that we are NOT a social market during this time. We ask that you pick up your food and return home. We have always had a no pet policy and will continue to have a NO pet policy. It also a good idea if possible to leave children at home to limit the number of people in the market.
We have an abundant amount of meats and lettuces at the market. The past few weeks have seen increased crowds in the early hours, so we encourage you to consider coming to the market in the later hours, as product will not run out. The market is open 9am-12pm, and again, you can pre-order and pay from the farmers listed at the end of this document.
Please do the following in order to continue to keep our market safe:
- Maintain 6 ft away from others in all lines. PLEASE use the chalk lines we provide on the ground to stand in line. We will remind you of this verbally and with signage.
- Please wear a mask while attending the market, if you do not have one we can put you in contact with a med student volunteer who is making masks for healthcare workers.
- Do not touch the products for sale, let the vendors handle all the product, they will bag and wrap it and hand it to you. If a customer is in the booth, please wait for them to leave before entering.
- As much as we would like to visit with each other, we ask that everyone shop and head home to minimize the time of potential exposure.
- Consider contacting your favorite vendor to pre-order. This is the safest and most efficient way. Below are vendors who are taking orders with their contact information. You can also contact your favorite vendor to inquire about home delivery options.
- Please send ONE person from your family to the market to shop if possible. We are not a social market during this time and are open for you to obtain essential goods. This will help us to keep the number of people down in the market and it will help limit your family’s exposure!
- Our market as always had a no pet policy and we will continue to remind our customers that dogs and other animals are not allowed at our market for the health and safety of our customers and vendors. Again, we are not a social outing during this time and we are only open so you can shop for supplies.
- Consider using credit/debit cards instead of cash.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. We have bathroom facilities in building #9 and hand sanitizers/wipes at the market.
Below are the farms that are offering pre-orders this weekend, April 18 to be picked up at the market and information on how to order. Check with your favorite farmer to see if they will do home deliveries.
- Evans Produce: email@example.com or text 615-504-9416
- Lucy’s Kitchen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-483-5635
- Tavalin Tails Farm email@example.com or 615-445-9354 for lamb products
- River Cottage Farm: Taking preorders and invoicing and invoicing through the website www.rivercottagefarm.net and the direct link to the online store is https://rivercottagefarm.net/store-home/ or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Brayden email@example.com.
- Galena Garlic: call (615) 707-9211 to place orders
- Fly Farm: contact through website: Theflyfarm.com or call 615-390-2870 or 615-574-5611
- Wild Alaska Seafood and Salmon: For pre-orders email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday morning. Pre-orders are highly recommended for faster check out.
- Paradise Produce: Will take plant pre-orders through their website: paradiseproducefarm.com
- Jones Mill Farm: Please put “Franklin Farmers Market Order” in your subject line and send an email to email@example.com or through Facebook Messenger: Jones Mill Farm and Commercial Kitchen. No orders can be taken after 3am on Saturday morning.
- Tasty Good Eats www.Facebook.com/GlutenFreeTastyGoodEats Tel. 203-951-1449 E-mail: TastyGoodEats@gmail.com
- Moonshadow Farm-Non GMO Pastured Eggs: Text 615-336-8994
- Possum Bottom Farms: order through their webstore- www.possumbottomfarms.com
- Norton Family Farm taking preorders for produce, baked items, and preserves if customers will call or text 931-446-4493.
- Peaceful Pastures: order through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remedy Bone Broth: Not at the market, only offering home deliveries on website orders: www.remedybonebroth.com
- Bear Creek Farm: email@example.com
- Alfresco Pasta: text or call 510-918-2148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johnson’s Honey: call 615-337-0027
- Urban Sprout: email@example.com or call 615-708-2536
Don’t see your favorite farmer on this list? Use our website franklinfarmersmarket.com to search for vendor contact information and reach out to them! They may have missed market communication this week and will be glad to take pre-orders.
Thank you again for your support!
Amy Tavalin, Franklin Farmers Market Director